Handbags are an investment and certainly even more so if they retain their value. This can be attained simply by taking good care of them…
- Prevent damage by using leather protection cream or treatment as soon as you purchase the bag. It adds a protective barrier that prevents staining and grease.
- Clean your bag regularly, a quick wipe down does the job on a more frequent basis, however it is recommended to have your bag professionally cleaned every 2-3months.
- Only use specialist leather cleaner – avoid using home remedies as these can cause damage like drying or colour loss.
- Keep your bag in a dust bag when not in use. This will prevent dust building up and avoid any unnecessary damage whilst being stored away.
- Stuff your bags to maintain their shapes – even if it’s with old clothing.
- Use a handbag hook – their purpose is to keep your handbag safe from dirty floors and wet surfaces.
- Certain materials require different care; suede is delicate and susceptible to fading, avoid water and oil.